A/Prof Han Ling
A/Prof Han Ling is a consultant cardiologist who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders. He performs 3D mapping and catheter ablation for cardiac arrhythmias, and established complex arrhythmia ablation at Peninsula Private Hospital and St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne. He has further appointments at the Alfred Hospital and Cabrini Malvern. He has a special interest in the management of atrial fibrillation.
A/Prof Ling obtained his medical degree at the University of Adelaide in 2002, and was awarded Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians as a fully-qualified cardiologist in 2010. He brings experience from leading Australian and international centres including the Alfred Hospital, the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Monash Medical Centre, and Barts Heart Centre (London UK), Europe’s largest cardiovascular centre.
A/Prof Ling is a clinical associate professor and PhD supervisor at the Dept of Medicine (RMH), University of Melbourne. He was awarded a PhD by the same University for his thesis on atrial fibrillation and heart failure. This area remains the focus of his current research. He is responsible for clinical supervision and training of cardiology registrars, fellows, and PhD candidates.
- 2002 – MBBS, University of Adelaide
- 2010 – FRACP, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- 2014 – PhD, University of Melbourne*
* Supervised by Professors Peter Kistler, Jonathan Kalman, David Kaye, and Andrew Taylor.
Memberships & Associations
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- National Heart Foundation (NHF)
- Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ)
- Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- Alumni of the University of Melbourne
- Alumni of the University of Adelaide
- National Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation Research Fellowship
- Australian Government Endeavour Research Fellowship
- Royal Australasia College of Physicians IMS Overseas Travelling Fellowship
- Baker IDI Harold Mitchell Travelling Fellowship
- Pfizer Cardiovascular Lipid Project Grant
- Pfizer Cardiovascular Lipid Major Travel Grant
- Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand ASM Scholarship
- National Heart Foundation Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Baker IDI Bright Sparks Scholarship